Supported operating systems
Windows 8 and above, IOS
- Windows 10 S mode is not supported
- Make sure your operating system is up to date (Windows update)
- Note that the exam cannot be taken on a Virtual Operating System (VOS)
- At least 5GB of free space on the operating app (OS) drive
- Minimum of 4GB of RAM memory
- Upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps
Camera and microphone
The computer must have a built-in camera or be connected to an external webcam. A microphone is also required.
Before the exam, make sure that you have permission to access the camera and microphone. (There are several sites you can use to check whether the camera and microphone are working properly.) Additional testing using popular programs such as Zoom, or Skype are also recommended.
Make sure that your network connection is working at a reasonable speed (for example, you might be in a room with poor/ without WIFI reception, or your hotspot might be slow or blocked).
Web filtering systems can reduce accessibility and connection stability. Please note that mobile web filtering systems can cause errors when scanning exam answers.
Barcode scanning application
If you are taking an exam that requires you to scan and upload your answers to the app, you will need to download a barcode scanning app on your smartphone. For Android phones, you can choose from a selection of free apps available on Google Play store. On the iPhone it is built into the camera