Known Issues :
Blocked Network: Web filtering systems, computer connected to a limited network of a workplace, connection to a proxy and the like, may block the app or cause malfunction. Also, mobile network filtering can cause problems in the answer scanning process.
User without installation privileges: A user without administrator privileges on the computer may not be able to install the app. Same for a computer under corporate network with restrictions under the organization security policy.
Unstable Internet connection: An unstable or very slow network can cause malfunctions. It is recommended to use wired internet rather than Wi-Fi or a cellular hot spot
Old hardware and/or obsolete operating systems: The system may not work properly on computers that have not undergone regular Windows update.
Make sure you have the necessary hardware and resources (see here the app requirements)
User information and login: When entering the exam, make sure that the identifying details have been entered correctly and in the appropriate places (exam ID, examinee ID, etc.)
Camera / Microphone: Beforehand, make sure they are working properly with other apps (such as Zoom, Skype, etc.)
Before starting the exam, make sure that no other applications are open in the background
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- SEB error message
- Camera and microphone problems
- Problems when scanning answers
- Network connection is interrupted
- Submitting an exam takes time
- Receiving Multiple Screens Alert when only one screen is connected
SEB error message
An SEB error message (for example “SEB couldn't open ....” or “Problem downloading SEB”) may appear during the software download, after installation or when entering exam ID. To resolve this issue please install the following application and then try downloading/opening the app again: Click here to download the SEB component
Camera and microphone problems
- Check your Windows settings to make sure that the application has permission to use the camera and microphone
- Make sure your antivirus is not blocking camera / microphone access (common in corporate and antivirus software such as McAfee).
- Check that the camera and microphone are working properly with other programs (such as Zoom, Skype, etc.) or use dedicated websites to check that they are working properly.
- Check that the camera app or device is up to date. See explanations and recommendations on this link
- Make sure that no other applications that may be using the camera are open and running in the background (in general, closing all applications other than this software is highly recommended).
Problems when scanning answers
If you were not able to take a picture of the answers by pressing the photo button in the scan interface, or uploading an image file from your mobile, check the phone settings to ensure that the browser has access to the camera/files. For Chrome, you can use this link for help in resolving the issue
Network connection is interrupted
If the network connection is interrupted during the exam, the app will alert you. You can continue working on the exam even without a network connection, but you will only be able to submit the exam after you have once again connected to the internet.
Submitting an exam takes time
Data including audio and video files are also sent through the network, the upload data time depends on network speed and may take up to several minutes
Receiving Multiple Screens Alert when only one screen is connected
If the message "Several screens detected” appears and you have only one screen connected to the computer, exit the software and check if two screens are defined in the settings (Windows 10):
- Right-click on the desktop and select Display Settings
In the “Display” setting window, under “Multiple displays” select to display only one of the screens, as shown in the image below: